Your proposal strategy is all about price if you can convince the buyer that:
- you have the most efficient solution to meet their requirements, consuming the fewest resources
- those resources are cheaper than anyone else’s
- your stakeholders require a lower return on their investment – i.e. margin – than your competitors’.
- the fact that you’ll give them the lowest price will be embedded contractually, underpinned by benchmarking (for what that’s worth)
- none of your competitors will outsmart you in the way they present their price (e.g. ‘bid low, recover to margin’, ‘buy the business’) or will underspecify their solution
- no competitor can offer a significantly higher return on investment – i.e. quantifiably larger benefits for their higher price
- cheap really is cheerful for the customer’s team – not fraught with risk and hassle
- the customer trusts you.