A few interesting statistics, gleaned at last week’s APMP conference in Atlanta:
- a record attendance at the conference, with 719 registrations
- APMP membership at a record high, with 5,100 members
- nearly 4,000 individuals accredited to APMP Foundation Level
- … but fewer than 10% of those have gone on to attain Practitioner status
- … and there are under 100 who’ve reached the highest ‘Professional’ level of accreditation.
I say ‘accreditation’ – but for some reason I can’t really fathom, the qualification scheme for our profession has just been renamed to ‘certification’ (even if not all the pages on the relevant sites have yet been updated). I’m not sure I like that: “you should be certified” may well be true for some bid/proposal people I know, but with a rather different meaning…