So, The Proposal Guys have been here for three months! We set out to keep friends old and new in touch with ideas that occur to us as we work in the proposal arena, and it’s great to know that so many people are reading the blog and deriving benefit from it. Sincere thanks from both of us for all of the kind feedback!
1. “Stop the red team” from 20 April: Jon’s provocative review of the top ten pitfalls from proposal review processes.
2. BJ’s “Fire analogy” from 30 April – on the value of sponsorship. Is your proposal centre fighting fires, or are you able to step back and build a fire department?
3. Jon’s advice on “Writing: secrets of success” from 2 May
4. “The New Shocks”: BJ explores the difference between features and benefits, in an entertaining post from 5 May.
5. A sporting analogy for Pre-Proposal Planning: “Prepared to Win?” by Jon on 21 May
6. BJ’s report from this year’s APMP conference in New Orleans: “Standing Room Only for Two Proposal Managers”, posted on 25 May.
We’re still bubbling with ideas for topics to discuss – as always, though, we welcome your feedback (by email, or in the comments here) on things you’d like us to explore in future posts.