One of our readers, Melissa D, a co-chair of the New York Metro Chapter of APMP, recently received a commendation from her company for her work in developing the proposal support team which she manages and of which she is also a key member.
In the article, Melissa also offers her views on ways to develop your team (and echoes many of the things Jon and I have stated and written about here in the blog). Here’s what Melissa advises:
- Recognize that each individual is different – with different skill sets, needs and interests.
- Understand the expectations for your group and consider ways you can coach and mentor.
- Join professional organizations (such as APMP) to stay abreast of best practices for your group or industry.
- Seek out training opportunities
- Don’t get too comfortable – There’s always something to learn!